- Country: UNITED STATES
- Region: OREGON
- Color: White
- Producer: ARGYLE
- Sub-Region: WILLAMETTE VALLEY
- Vintage: 2012
- Sparkling: Yes
- Composition: CHAMPAGNE BLEND
- Tasting Notes: The flavors are a fresh, crisp version of white peach, ripe apple, baked pastry with a mango-vanilla-yeast bouquet. The tartness is pleasantly wrapped into a sweet fruit finish.
- Rating: Argyle's sparkling wine portfolio begins with the 2005 Brut, composed of 65% Pinot Noir and 35% Chardonnay. Medium straw-colored, this biscuity bubbly has tons of flavor, plenty of minerality and superb length. It is a great value in high class sparkling wine (and that includes Champagne). ”
Bright and complex, with juicy acidity supporting the pear, tobacco and lime flavors, singing together in harmony on the lively finish. Drink now.-H.S.
Light, crisp and expressive, with a prickly fizz underscoring the lively pear and citrus flavors, finishing long, with a light toasty note. Drink now.-H.S.
Light and appealing, with an airy texture and smoky, toasty watermelon and floral flavors, finishing with expressiveness and length. Drink now. 13,750 cases made.-HS
- Rating Robert Parker: 92
- Rating Wine Spectator: 90