- We accept orders via email, phone or on our website.
- There are three types of orders: futures, pre-arrivals and regular orders.
- All three types of orders are considered requests at the time they are placed and are subject to final confirmation and allocation upon arrival or verification of available stock.
- When you place your order, you will first receive an initial confirmation which is only a receipt of your request. When your order is officially committed in our system, you will then receive a second and final confirmation which means we intend to fulfill (or have fulfilled) your order. It is at this time, in the final confirmation, that you will be informed of any shortages or allocations that affect your original request.
- Pre-arrival and futures orders are a reservation for wine that Gordon’s has pre-ordered before it is available for delivery to the store and even, often, before it is imported to our market; while a regular order is for an item currently in stock.
- Payment for pre-arrival and regular orders is due at the time of final confirmation; when the wine has arrived and/or the available inventory has been verified.
- Payment for futures orders is due at the time of initial confirmation.
- The delivery of both pre-arrival and futures orders can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 years depending on the specific type of offer. Because of this and the nature of wine importation, specific delivery dates quoted on offers are always an estimate and not guaranteed.
- All customers must have a valid credit card on file. If you are a new customer, simply call our customer service line at 781 893 1900 x2 or visit our website and create an account by following this link here.
- All orders must be paid at the time of the arrival of the wine, or else at the time of ordering when the campaign is a Futures Offer.
Collection and Local Delivery
- All orders are automatically assumed to be for pick up at our 894 Main St. location in Waltham unless otherwise specified. If you would like to pick up at another location or have your wine delivered or shipped, please indicate this when placing your order.
- All pick-ups, deliveries and transfers now require 48-hour’s notice. Please note that requests must be made between business hours (9 AM-6 PM Monday-Friday). Requests made on Saturdays and Sundays will be replied to on Mondays.
- “On command” pick up is still possible; however, please note that not all your orders may be available for pick up and that wait time can be 1 hour or more.
- To request that your order be readied for pick up, delivery or transfer please notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you have been notified that your order has arrived and is ready for pick up, you have 30 days to arrange for taking possession of the order. All orders older than 30 days will be moved to long term storage for a $2.50/box fee per month. Pick up and/or delivery of orders in long term storage will require 72 hours’ notice.
- We offer free local delivery within the I-95 loop on all orders over $500. If your order is less, there is a $10 fee.
- Delivery outside this area is possible by specific arrangement. Please inquire.
- Deliveries will only be made after confirmation of delivery day/time and a live phone number at the delivery address is given.
- A person 21 years or older with valid ID is required to be present to receive the delivery
- If you would like to have your order shipped, please indicate this when placing your order.
- We require at least 48 hours advance notice if you wish to have an order that is being held for you shipped.
- We prefer to only ship during moderate weather to insure the wine gets to you in the best possible condition. We will store your order for free until there is appropriate shipping weather. Generally, the shipping season ranges from September to mid-May. Shipping outside this time frame is possible, but unadvisable. Regardless of when an order is shipped, the customer assumes 100% responsibility for the wine once it has left the building.
- Orders returned to us by shipping carriers after they have attempted to make normal delivery will not be re-shipped unless we are contacted by the original recipient and the additional shipping costs for resending the parcel has been paid for. Any cancellation of a returned order is subject to our Cancellations, Returns and Refunds policy.
Our full shipping terms and conditions:
Title to, and ownership of, all wine passes from seller to buyer in the State of Massachusetts, in which the sale occurs, and buyer takes all responsibility for the wine being transported from the state of sale to the buyers selected destination. By placing an order, buyer authorizes seller to act on buyer’s behalf in arranging for transportation of the wine at the buyer’s direction. Alternatively, buyer may choose to pick up the wine at seller’s location, or make independent delivery arrangements. Sales tax will be applied based on the seller’s location. Seller makes no representation as to the legal rights of anyone to deliver or import any wines, alcoholic beverages or other goods into any state. Buyer is solely responsible for the transport of wine and other goods purchased and for determining the legality and the tax/duty consequences of having the wine and other goods delivered to the applicable destination.
Prices of our wines do not include shipping/handling charges, the cost of which varies depending on destination, number of bottles ordered and choice of delivery options.
Payment and Storage
- Payment for all orders is due upon final confirmation that the wine is here and available for pick up with the exception of futures orders where payment is due upon initial confirmation that the wine is reserved.
- We will not guarantee any unpaid order that is older than 14 days from final confirmation.
- We will not guarantee any paid order that is older than 60 days from final confirmation unless you have made an alternate arrangement with us.
- After 3 months from the date of final confirmation, if the order remains uncollected we reserve the right to charge a monthly storage fee of $20 per case (partial or full) per month.
- After 6 months from the date of final confirmation we reserve the right to return your entire order or any portion of it to our open inventory for re-sale. If we do so you will be given a store credit for the difference of the total amount charged minus a $50 restocking fee and the above mentioned storage fees.
- Please note: for offers that sell out and for allocated items, we give preference to those customers that keep current, useable payment information on file with us.
Cancellations, Returns and Refunds
- Cancellations of orders before the arrival of the product are accepted gratis within two weeks of the original order date, after which we reserve the right to charge you a 15% cancellation fee.
- Bordeaux Futures are considered non-refundable 14 days from the date of payment.
- We accept returns of wines flawed by cork taint only and not wines that have been damaged in any way by temperature or storage issues outside our building. We go to great lengths to ensure every bottle that leaves our store is perfect. Please take the time to thoroughly inspect your order before taking it to be sure it is perfect for you.
- Bottles returned for cork taint must still have wine in them so we can verify the defect.
- All returns must be accompanied by proof of purchase; either your receipt or our internal record on your account.
- We will not accept returns of any wine that was purchased more than 1 year prior.
- All refunds are given in store credit only, minus all fees (including shipping costs where applicable).
We are not responsible for typographical errors.