- Country: FRANCE
- Region: CHAMPAGNE
- Color: Rose
- Producer: RUINART
- Food Pairing: Ruinart Rosé is a truly festive champagne, which is a delight to drink throughout a meal from aperitif to dessert.It will be enhanced by thin slices of fine Italian prosciutto (San Daniele, Parma, etc.). A starter of mi-cuit salmon, or salmon prepared as a Japanese "tataki", will reveal its many facets.For a main course, it will be an admirable accompaniment for a leg of milk-fed lamb or a low temperature cooked veal fillet. At the end of the meal it will find its full expression with a berry soup enhanced with an excellent Modena balsamic vinegar.
- Sparkling: Yes
- Composition: CHAMPAGNE BLEND
- Tasting Notes: The colour is a delicate pomegranate pink with very slightly orange reflections. The sparkling, light effervescence has a persistent foam.The nose is subtle and fresh, first offering an original palette of tropical fruits (guava and lychee) and small berries (raspberries, cherries and wild strawberries) in the first instance. These are followed by rose and pomegranate notes which complete the complex, intense aromatic profile, dominated by somewhat undeveloped primary aromas.On the palate the attack is distinct and full, cradled by a gentle effervescence. The aromas of freshly picked berries are fully expressed. The balance brings together a delightful freshness and voluptuous body, expressed by an elegant bracing touch of mint and pink grapefruit.
- Rating: (55% Pinot Noir and 45% Chardonnay; 9 g/l dosage; LAH9V): Light orange. Sharply focused red berry and tangerine scents are complicated by suggestions of allspice and cinnamon, with a hint of smokiness in the background. Sappy and minerally on the palate, offering fresh strawberry and blood orange flavors lifted by juicy acidity. Packs a serious punch but carries no excess weight and finishes stony and very long, with echoing red berry character.
This is a full-bodied and fruity wine. It has ripe red berry fruits as well as layers of warm citrus and fresh acidity. It’s the richness that shows most strongly here, from the fruit to the texture, very much a house style of Ruinart. Drink now.
A firm rosé, more about its elegant texture and streak of minerality than the flavors of wild strawberry, white cherry, grilled plum and graphite. Hints of spice and fleur de sel accent the finish. Drink now through 2020. -AN
- Rating Wine Enthusiast: 91
- Rating Wine Spectator: 92