- Country: PORTUGAL
- Region: DURIENSE
- Color: Red
- Producer: TAYLOR FLADGATE
- Sub-Region: DOURO - PORTO
- Fortified: Yes
- Composition: PORT BLEND
- Tasting Notes: Ripe, silky, dried red currant fruit is allied to flavors of raisins and nuts in this refined, elegantly structured wine, which shows a lush, mellow texture underscored by a fresh, cleanly defined acidity.
- Rating: Seductive aromas of roasted hazelnuts and raisins. The delectable palate is a wave of flavors including salted caramel, baking spice, apricots, nuts and red cherry with a striking balance between sweet and savory. Ends with a long sumptuous finish. ”
Snappy, with plenty of ginger and glazed citrus notes to the dried cherry, plum and raspberry flavors. Features loads of chocolate and spice on the long, lush finish, with hints of white pepper. Drink now.-K.M.
This is a great, fresh, young style of wine, with figs and bitter marmalade flavors. There's a touch of orange peel, a hint of vanilla and very ripe, delicious fruit.
It is my opinion that Taylor's tawny ports are the best of their type. When tasted against other tawnys, they all exhibit more aromatic personalities, greater fruit and ripeness, and a wonderful sweetness and length. The Ten Year Old Tawny is a personal favorite, as well as the best bargain among these ports.
- Rating Robert Parker: 93
- Rating Wine Enthusiast: 91
- Rating Wine Spectator: 90