- Country: PORTUGAL
- Region: DURIENSE
- Color: Red
- Producer: TAYLOR FLADGATE
- Sub-Region: DOURO - PORTO
- Fortified: Yes
- Composition: PORT BLEND
- Tasting Notes: This seductive, silky wine balances discreet dried red fruit and fig flavors with pronounced aromatic notes of nuts, praline and mocha in a luxuriant texture underscored by a refined acidic backbone.
- Rating: Pale pink-brown hue. Toffee, cumin-spice and a little rancio on the nose. Sweetness is balanced by lifted acidity. Dried fruits and nuts on the palate.
Very rich and elegant, this is loaded with flavors of dried apricot, butterscotch and white chocolate. The long and zesty finish is filed with smoke and toffee.-K.M.
It is my opinion that Taylor's tawny ports are the best of their type. When tasted against other tawnys, they all exhibit more aromatic personalities, greater fruit and ripeness, and a wonderful sweetness and length. Although I find the Thirty Year Old Tawny admirable, I prefer the richer, more vibrant Twenty Year Old Tawny.
Although this famous name has produced quite a light 20-year-old, that lightness is more than made up for by the beautiful, smooth flavors, the taste of lemon jelly, dried apricots and peaches, and fine, fresh acidity.
- Rating Robert Parker: 92
- Rating Wine Enthusiast: 90
- Rating Wine Spectator: 92