- Country: FRANCE
- Region: CHAMPAGNE
- Color: White
- Producer: VEUVE CLICQUOT PONSARDIN
- Food Pairing: Strawberry, dessert
- Sparkling: Yes
- Composition: CHAMPAGNE BLEND
- Rating: (roughly 50% pinot noir, 30% chardonnay and 20% pinot meunier; Lot 14009913): Light gold. Musky orchard fruits and dried fig on the mineral-accented nose. Fleshy and broad on the palate, offering smoky pear and nectarine flavors and a hint of honey. Finishes on a gently spicy note, with very good cling and a touch of bitter lemon pith. Things have definitely begun to turn around for this bottling, which had been lagging behind the winery’s vintage offerings for some time.
A smoky note of roasted nut is subtly woven with the baked apple, lemon meringue and fennel seed flavors in this vibrant Champagne, with a refined, creamy mousse. Drink now through 2020. -AN
One of the most familiar of Champagnes, the Yellow Label is finely made-a fruity while structured wine. It has both fresh and fragrant fruit as well as richness, a soft, creamy texture and bright acidity. There is no sense in bottle aging here-drink this wine because of its crispness.
- Rating Wine Enthusiast: 90
- Rating Wine Spectator: 91