Bubbly Elite: New Bérêche Champagne

Posted on: 08/7/19 2:57 PM

Bérêche Champagne seamlessly marry endless richness, texture and depth with mesmerizing freshness and verve. They are masterpieces which are extraordinarily rare and for some crazy reason very, very well priced. You won’t find better values in Champagne. Period.

Most of what we are offering isn’t made available for the general public in America. 99% of Bérêche what produces is sold to private clients driving from London, Paris or Brussels. The rest of that 1% is allocated to Michelin starred restaurants either in Champagne or Paris. The tiny dribbles that are left is then sent to America. You just don’t see this stuff, much less have an opportunity to buy it for yourself.

For long time champagne collectors and those just diving in, today’s offer is an unusual opportunity to source some incredibly rare wine.

NV Bérêche Brut Reserve

“This is made of roughly equal parts chardonnay, pinot noir and meunier, and 70 percent of it was vinified in barrel. It’s ample in body, its creamy notes of stone fruits, orange citrus and green apple underlined by stony minerality, and it finishes with excellent length and depth. While Bérêche’s Brut Réserve is always a solid buy, this version is particularly compelling.” Peter Liem

2002 Bérêche Montagne Grand Cru 1.5L Magnum

50% Pinot Noir, %50 Chardonnay on clay and chalk soils. Bottled June 2003. Malolactic fermentation complete. Disgorged March 2018 with 2g/ L dosage.

2005 Bérêche Cote Grand Cru

100% Chardonnay. The Côte des Blancs extends from the north-east to the south-west, perpendicularly to the valley of the Marne and to a few kilometers of Epernay. A slow fermentation sur lies in tank. Malolactic was completed. The second alcoholic fermentation “Prise de mousse” occurs under cork sur lattes. Bottled May 2012. Disgorged December 2016. Dosage: 4g/l

2011 Bérêche Le Cran

50% Pinot Noir, %50 Chardonnay. The “Cran” vineyard was planted to Chardonnay on west–facing hills in 1969, and the “St. Jean” vineyard was planted to Pinot Noir on east-facing hills in 1973.

2013 Bérêche Mailly Grand Cru

“Here in its first commercial release, the 2013 Mailly-Champagne is 100% Pinot Noir vinified and aged in oak and aged on cork. The pedigree of the vintage marries perfectly with the personality of this north-facing site to yield a stunning, weightless Champagne that exudes focus, energy and intensity. Bright and finely cut, the 2013 dazzles from the very first taste. Wow! Dosage is 3 grams per liter. Disgorged: December, 2018.” 94 Points, Antonio Galloni

2015 Bérêche Rive Gauche

Rive Gauche is 100% Meunier from Mareuil le Port. Antonio Galloni on 2013: “The 2013 Rive Gauche, 100% Meunier, is rich and beautifully expressive, with beautifully expressive, with plenty of textural depth from the nearly 50 year of old vines. Smoke, licorice, cured meat and rich yellow stone fruits are some of the signatures. Creamy and beautifully layered in the glass, the 2013 is super impressive, even at this early stage. The October harvest was late by present day standards.” 93 points, Antonio Galloni

Posted in Reserve List By Tim Sellon