- Country: UNITED STATES
- Region: WASHINGTON
- Color: White
- Producer: DOMAINE STE. MICHELLE
- Sub-Region: COLUMBIA VALLEY
- Food Pairing: "Sparkling wine is a wonderful yet often overlooked accompaniment to food. Bright acidity and effervescence cleanses the palate, while the delicate flavors compliment a wide array of dishes. Cuvée Brut pairs very well with Japanese cuisine, my favorite is with sashimi. Sip with bagels and lox for a relaxing weekend brunch."
-Rick Casqueiro, Winemaker
- Sparkling: Yes
- Composition: CHARDONNAY^PINOT NOIR
- Tasting Notes: Nicely balanced, Brut is not too dry and not too sweet. This crisp and jazzy wine delivers delicate apple and citrus characteristics with a fresh, light toastiness.
- Rating: Pale straw color with a persistent flow of fine bubbles. The nose is filled with the scents of ripe green apple with star fruit, lime zest and mineral. The palate is in full accord with the nose delivering a vibrant fruit centric core with loads of crisp mineral and citrus notes. Great Value
Soft, round and tasty, with delicate watermelon, strawberry and white pepper aromas and flavors, finishing with a fine texture. Drink now. 10,000 cases made. -HS
These two sparklers continue to be fine bargains. The wines are clean, have crisp, zesty fruit, good effervescence, and light-bodied, fruity finishes.
- Rating Robert Parker: 85
- Rating Wine Spectator: 87